Monday, December 15, 2014

Camera Ready Make Up Make Over: Elly

I took these pictures in the summer when my sister was visiting. She has the best skin ever and is just so gorgeous that she rarely wears much make up, so I thought it would be fun to do the real deal and do a camera ready make over to do her up and talk a little bit about the differences of day to day make up and make up for when you will be taking pictures. 

Picture make up Do's: The general rule is that you need to apply a bit more contours and blush to make the contour of your face show up on camera. So add more contour in the hallows of your cheekbones, your temples, under your chin, and around your forehead, as well as in the creases of your eyeshadow. Make sure you apply just a tiny bit more blush than normal to make your apples really pop and you will definitely want lots of lashes, so either triple coat those bad boys, or apply some falsies. 

Don'ts: You will want to avoid shine and too much shimmer, as well as SPF which can cause a glare on camera. Don't overdo the eyeliner just because you overdid everything else, unless you're going for that look of course. 






 First I primed her skin with my all time favorite primer, Hourglass Veil Primer

Then I used a light and dark contour foundation pen to darken under the cheekbones, temples and forehead and lighten the chin, under the eyes, and above the brows

Next I used a Quo sponge to stipple the light and dark contour colors in blending with a bit of foundation being careful to not spread the contour colors to other places other than where I put them to begin with. Then I used Anastasia contour kit to set under the eyes with the yellow powder and the sandy color to further contour.

I used gel liner to line her upper and lower lashes and did a triple threat coat of L'Oreal mascara.

I added a peach blush to the apples of her cheeks as well as highlighter on the highest points of her cheekbones.

Then I filled in her brows with make up forever aqua brow and some powder and lined her lips with an aqua liner and a plumping lipgloss!


No comments:

Post a Comment